Good Health Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) 1000mg is a high quality cold pressed Evening Primrose Oil and is naturally rich in essential Omega-6 fatty acids (EFAs). EPO EFAs provides beneficial Omega-6 essential fatty acids particularly Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) which is beneficial for balancing the female reproductive system and may provide relief from symptoms of PMT, hormonal balance, inflammatory skin conditions & allergies and improving dry skin conditions such as ezcema & psoriasis. Each capsule contains 1000mg of Evening Primrose Oil.
- Supporting hormonal balance – particularly premenstrual health – Beneficial for dry skin conditions – Supporting Omega 6 deficiency – Supporting cardiovascular health – Supporting joint health
- Adults: Take one to four capsules daily.
- Children (from 6 years to 12 years): Take one to two capsules daily (can also be squeezed into milk or juice), or as professionally advised.
- Children (under 6 years): Take one capsule daily, or as professionally prescribed. Contents of capsule need to be squeezed onto food or in a drink or onto a spoon to avoid choking hazard.
- PMS: Take 4 capsules daily and then increase it to 6 capsules daily, 10 days before menstruating, and continue 6 capsules daily for 3-4 days during your menstrual cycle. It is recommended to take EPO® for at least 3 months to receive beneficial effects.
- Severe Eczema: Take 3 capsules daily and apply onto dry scaly lesions (add Vitamin E for fissures and cracks).
- Arthritis and psoriasis: Take 3-4 capsules daily and then as symptoms reduce take 2 capsules daily to help maintain results.
- May be rubbed topically onto skin for eczema, psoriasis and scaly skin conditions.
- For people who can’t swallow capsules – contents of capsules can be squeezed into food or drink.
Contraindications and Interactions:
- If taking blood thinning medication use high doses of EPO only under medical supervision.
- EPO should be used with caution for people with schizophrenia if taking phenothiazine medication (a type of seizure medication) as it can reduce the effectiveness of the drug.
- 150 capsules (Expiry: June 2024)